The following directions are a guide for the walk. There will probably be some slight alterations depending upon how many participants decide to participate.
Shellharbour Village 6.30am meet for 7am start
Shellharbour Village to Warrawong 13km
Starting at Swordfish Cafe, Addison Street, Shellharbour Village
Proceed North on Wollongong St / Junction Rd 1.8km
Turn left into Iluka proceed approximately 1km
Turn right into Shellharbour Rd at Warilla Caltex
Proceed North through Windang to Warrawong
Meet at Westfield Warrawong food court arrive between 8.30am and 9.00am
Depart Warrawong at 9.00am
Warrawong to Wollongong 10km
Continue on Shellharbour Rd / Five Islands Rd North to Cringilla
At Cringila Hotel Turn right into Springhill Rd
Approaching Wollongong Turn Left into Keira St
Follow Keira st approx 1.5km to Crown St Mall.
Arrive at East end of Crown St Mall Nr David Jones / Bandstand
between 10.30am and 11.00am
Depart Wollongong at 11.30am
Wollongong to Thirroul Station 14km
Continue on Keira St / Princes Highway to North Wollongong
Continue over Northern Distributor overpass and stay on Princes Highway through Fairy Meadow, Corrimal, Russell Vale and on to Bulli.
(suggest a break at Corrimal or Bulli)
Bulli RSL to Stanwell Park is 15km
Continue on Princes Highway turn right into Lawrence Hargrave Drive to Thirroul
Depart Thirroul at 2.00pm
Thirroul Station to Stanwell Park 13km
Continue on Lawrence Hargrave Drive passing through Austinmer, Coledale, Wombarra, Scarborough, Clifton, Coalcliff to Stanwell Park
Austinmer to Stanwell Park is 11km (suggest a break at Austinmer)
Coledale RSL to Stanwell Park is 9km
Scarborough Hotel to Stanwell park is 6km
Sea Cliff bridge to Coalcliff is 3km
Arrive Coalcliff between 5.00pm and 7.00pm depending on fitness
Overnight at Coalcliff walkers arrange their own accommodation.
We return along the highway as far as Thirroul. Walkers then have a choice of continuing along the highway or diverting from Thirroul along the Thirroul to Wollongong Bike Track.
More information about the track can be found at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wollongong_to_Thirroul_Bike_Track
Start Coalcliff 7.00am
Depart Thirroul 10.00am
Depart Wollongong 1.00pm
Depart Warrawong 3.00pm
From there we complete the journey back to beautiful Shellharbour Village, then to Shellharbour Workers Club for well earned refreshments provided free of charge by the club. Walkers will be arriving from 4.30pm through to 5.30pm. Medallions will be presented on arrival.
Tell your friends and family to be there to welcome you home.
Time to celebrate!
Distance covered 100km!
- Walkers are responsible for their own safety and should keep this in mind at all times. We want people to enjoy the camaraderie of friends and the challenge of achieving their goals, knowing they are helping a good cause at the same time - but awareness of their personal safety must be at the top of everyone's minds at all times.
- Do not wear walkmans, ipods or anything else that impedes your senses. You must be aware at all times.
- Do not wear dark clothing and you may wish to wear reflective arm bands to stand out to traffic, especially if you are walking late in the day.
- Cross the road only when it is safe.
- If the path at the side of the road narrows, only cross onto the road when it is safe to do so. Cars travel at high speed and drivers only have a split second to react if you are on the road.
- If you feel fatigued or unwell - do not continue. Take a break or go home so you can walk another day!
- Drink plenty of water.
Water Stops thanks to Bevans!
There will be water available as the route passes by the various Bevans Real Estate offices along the route.
Likewise your T-Shirts can be picked up anytime at any local Illawarra Bevans Real Estate Office.