Great Illawarra Walk - Route overview
- Depart Shellharbour Village 7am – Bean Roasted Espresso Bar, Addison Street
- Depart Flagstaff Hill, Wollongong 11am (KidsWish
- Depart Stuart Park, Wollongong 12pm
- Depart Bulli 1pm - Bulli Surf Club
- Arrive Headlands Hotel Austinmer between 1pm and 5pm
Detailed walk route
The following directions are a suggested guide. We recommend you stick to the footpath on the right hand side of the road where possible!
Shellharbour Village to Warrawong (approx 13km)
- Shellharbour Village - Bean Roasted Espresso Bar, Addison Street, Shellharbour
- Proceed East along Addison Street and follow the coastal parth to Windang, via Warilla Beach and Reddall Reserve
- Proceed North through Windang to Warrawong
- Meet at Westfield Warrawong food court for a bite to eat. Most walkers will arrive between 8.30am and 9.30am
Warrawong to Wollongong (approx 10km)
- Depart Warrawong
- Continue on Shellharbour Rd / Five Islands Rd North to Cringila
- At Cringila Hotel, turn right into Springhill Rd
- Once you approach Wollongong, Rapid Relief will be set up at Stuart Park for refreshments.
- Most walkers will arrive in Wollongong between 10.30am and 12pm
Flagstaff Hill to Stuart Park, Wollongong (approx 2km)
- Depart Flagstaff Hill and walk along the 'Blue Mile', which we are renaming the 'Great Mile' for the event!
- Continue to Stuart Park for refreshments and family friendly activities
Wollongong to Bulli (approx 13km)
- Depart Stuart Park, Wollongong
- Continue North along Squires Road and follow the coastal track through Fairy Meadow, Bellambi and Bulli.
Bulli to Headlands Hotel Austinmer (approx 5km)
- Depart Bulli Surf Club
- Follow the coastal track to Austinmer, turning right onto Lawrence Hargrave Drive
- Turn right at Headlands Ave and Headlands Hotel Austinmer is 100m on the right
- Cross the finish line at Headlands Hotel
- Congratulations you have walked 40km!
- Time to celebrate
Headlands Hotel Austinmer
Join us for an end of walk celebration at the Headlands.
The walk finishes at Headlands Hotel Austinmer, with a finale party throughout the afternoon. Most walkers are expected to arrive early afternoon - plenty of time to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy a beverage (or two!).